Christian Pen Friends Connection

A place for the Christian Youth

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

For Such A Time As This!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
seeker of truth
Admin

Female Number of posts : 2309
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: For Such A Time As This!   April 21st 2007, 00:04

For Such A Time As This!

Dear Youth,

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV) God has a plan for your life and for my life, and He created us for that special purpose! If we will wait on Him and His timing, "He will direct our paths" and will make "everything beautiful in His time." (Proverbs 3:6 & Ecclesiastes 3:11)

Do you believe timing is very important to God? Actually if we looked into our Bibles we would find that for one, God is a God of order and precision, which indicates that timing is very important to Him. But not only this, however, through a careful study of the prophecies in the Bible we would discover that everything has happened just as He predicted and that it happened RIGHT ON TIME! I believe timing is very important to God in more aspects than simply fulfilling prophecy, being orderly, methodical, or precise. The fact that you find yourself, a strong, capable youth in the year 2007, and that at this very time you are a part of God's church, may very likely be a part in God's plan for your life. Perhaps your existence at this time of earth's history is not a mere coincidence but was actually marked out by the hand of Providence.

The theme verse of this devotional, which is also where our title was derived, comes from the story of Esther. The story if Esther has been a favourite Bible story of boys and girls for generations; it has been told and retold, and I'm sure we've heard it over many times! Perhaps because of this continual repetition and our conclusion that this is a "children's" story, we have grown dull and disinterested in the powerful insights this story holds for young men and women, like Esther herself. Today, however, as we look deeper into this story and dig deep for it's hidden gems, I will ask you to put aside your suppositions of this being a childish or boring story, and search with me for the messages contained inside, for you and me!

Since I'm sure most of us are quite familiar with this story, I don't want to spend too much time laying out the background and series of events leading up to our climax today, however if you would like to refresh your memory, you will find this story in the book of Esther, chapters 1-4.

In our story we find Mordecai, a faithful servant of the Lord and also the uncle of queen Esther, refusing to pay homage to Hamaan according to the king's command. The proud, ambitious Hamaan was enraged by this insult, and, knowing that Mordecai was a Jew, decided on a plot to kill all the Jews, including Mordecai. So, he went to the king and told him that there were a people dispersed throughout his kingdom who were different from everybody else and who didn't keep his laws. Then, after telling king Ahasuerus all about these "obnoxious" people, he made a proposition that, for the king's own benefit, these people be destroyed. The king agreed to Hamaan's plot and he sent out a decree that on the thirteenth day of the twelfth month all the Jews in the Medo-Persian empire were to be massacred!

When Mordecai found out about this terrible plan he was deeply distressed. He clothed himself in sackcloth and ashes and wept bitterly. When Esther heard of his anguish she immediately sent him clothes, but when he refused this generous offer, she decided to send her attendant to find out what his trouble really was. He sent back a message telling the young Jewish queen all about the plot, and even sent her a copy of the very decree which would end her life and also the lives of her people, he also sent a message entreating her to go before the king and put forth a request to save the lives of the Jews. She responded to this message from Mordecai, and reminded him of the law which forbade anyone to go into the king unless invited; anyone who disobeyed this rule, unless the king should hold out a golden sceptre to them, would be put to death.

Mordecai told Esther that if she didn't do something, she would be killed anyway under the decree, since she was a Jew. And then he made a very profound statement: "And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14) Mordecai recognized God's providence in the way He times things, and he also realised that perhaps the very reason Esther was brought into royalty and co-rulership at that particular time, was to save God's people. Through the conclusion of this story, we can clearly see that indeed, Esther was brought to the kingdom for just such a purpose!

Our world, and our church is on the brink of a stupendous crisis; it is highly likely that we ourselves may face this crisis, and if not directly, then our influence now will indirectly affect people who are faced with these amazing and awesome times! "To every household and every school, to every parent, teacher, and child upon whom has shone the light of the gospel, comes at this crisis the question put to Esther the queen at that momentous crisis in Israel's history. "Who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" (Conflict and Courage, p. 244) God has put you where you are, WHEN you are for a very specific and precise purpose!

Yet, will we, like Esther, take a bold stand? Esther was faced with a big challenge; requesting favour from the king without his prior consent to her appearance in his court could, undoubtedly, cost her own life! But, God had a work for her in saving His people amidst their great crisis, and, courageous, brave and strong she fulfilled that work no matter the cost to herself! This is what God needs from the young people today. His people are about to face the biggest crisis the world has ever known! Again, just as in Esther's time, there is a death-decree, and standing up for Christ may very well cost us our life. Esther found her courage and strength in prayer, and that communication with the very courts of heaven is even now the avenue in which we will secure the courage to stand during the crisis we are about to encounter.

God DOES have a purpose for your life! You are where you are now purely through His Divine guiding. And He HAS brought you to the kingdom for such a time as this! Young people, how will you answer His call?

--Stephanie Fox

Ballet Girl
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Female Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2006-12-19

PostSubject: Re: For Such A Time As This!   April 25th 2007, 02:08

This is very nice.

seeker of truth
Admin

Female Number of posts : 2309
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: For Such A Time As This!   April 25th 2007, 21:57

I'm glad you like it. I was locking these topics so people wouldn't post on them but last time I posted I forgot to lock it so... I guess it'll be fine to leave them unlocked so people can talk about them. Very Happy

Ballet Girl
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Female Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2006-12-19

PostSubject: Re: For Such A Time As This!   April 26th 2007, 00:53

ok I like this one it's very nice

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Such A Time As This!   

Back to top Go down

For Such A Time As This!
Page 1 of 1