Christian Pen Friends Connection

A place for the Christian Youth

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Issue #105 Tue, 28 Nov 2006

Go down 
AuthorMessage
seeker of truth
Admin

Female Number of posts : 2309
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Issue #105 Tue, 28 Nov 2006   March 12th 2007, 00:48

I'm a Pilgrim

Dear Youth,

I would like to just share with you the words of a hymn by Mary S.B. Dana:

I'm a Pilgrim

I'm a pilgrim, and I'm a stranger; I can tarry, I can tarry but a night;

Do not detain me, for I am going to where the fountains are ever flowing.

I'm a pilgrim, and I'm a stranger; I can tarry but a night.

There the glory is ever shining! O, my longing heart, my longing heart is there;

Here in this country so dark and dreary, I long have wandered forlorn and weary.

I'm a pilgrim, and I'm a stranger; I can tarry, I can tarry but a night.

There's the city to which I journey; My Redeemer, my Redeemer is its light!

There is no sorrow, nor any sighing, Nor any tears there, or any dying.

I'm a pilgrim, and I'm a stranger; I can tarry, I can tarry but a night.

This hymn tells of a Christian's journeying through life, facing the trials, temptations and disappointments of this life. It clearly reminds us that this world is not our home, we are but journeying through, on our way to a better land.

I think that sometimes we forget that we are heaven bound. Often we get so caught up in the everyday happenings that we forget to stay focused. In fact our lives are so jam-packed that it is very hard to stay focused. Other times the world seems so appealing that we slowly get drawn into it, but there is a saying that goes "all that glitters is not gold". The world may seem very sparkly and glittery but all the tinsel it displays is really just that; tinsel. But if we keep our eyes focused on Jesus, if we always try to remember that this world is not our home, and if we just spend some time each morning with our Creator, we will find ourselves drawing closer to Him all the time and the things of this earth will soon appear worthless.

Our life here on earth should be one of giving glory to God, life on this planet is so short that it is no use to simply say, I'll do something big later in life that will bring glory to God. No, the time is now, in fact there is a verse in 1 Corinthians 10:31 that says: Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God". Whatever we do we should do to the glory of God!

But how do we give glory to God in everything we do? The key is staying constantly connected to Him every moment of the day. We must be constantly seeking to do His will. "Let every one who claims to be a child of the heavenly King seek constantly to represent the principles of the kingdom of God. Let each remember that in spirit, in words, and in works he is to be loyal and true to all the precepts and commandments of the Lord" (Pamphlet 145 p. 51).

Everything we do whether it be eating, drinking, talking, and even our thoughts must be brought into the captivity of God's standards, everything we do throughout the day must be done in such way that it brings glory to the name of Jesus. One Biblical principle that can help us give glory to God especially in the areas of our thoughts is found in Philippians 4:8: "Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things".

In Hebrews 11 it talks about the early men of God, how they acted in faith and how their lives were in harmony with God. Then in verse 16 it says that "God was not ashamed to be called their God". If only He could say the same about us today. But why was God able to say that, what were they doing that made Him so pleased? We begin to see the answer to this question in verse 13, and it starts off by talking about the old patriarchs such as Abraham, Enoch and Noah: "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from which they came out they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country. that is an heavenly" (Hebrews 11:13-16). These faithful men of old realized that they were just pilgrims travelling through this life and journeying on to a better land that is heaven.

Just think, if we could realize the same thing, if we could but realize that we are on this earth only to prepare for heaven maybe God could also say of us that He is not ashamed to be called our God. As you go throughout this week try to always remember that we should always give God the glory in everything.

--Talisa Jackson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLEASE NOTE: All Bible verses are taken from the King James Version, unless stated otherwise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/lysa92

Issue #105 Tue, 28 Nov 2006
Page 1 of 1