Christian Pen Friends Connection

A place for the Christian Youth

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Issue #99 Thu, 12 Oct 2006

Go down 
AuthorMessage
seeker of truth
Admin

Female Number of posts : 2309
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Issue #99 Thu, 12 Oct 2006   March 12th 2007, 00:37

The Key to Security

Dear Youth,

I'm sure you all know what it is like to carry burdens. As youth we are going through many different stages in our life that move us from our innocent childhood into the responsibilities of adulthood. These changes often occur so rapidly that we're not quite sure how to cope with the sudden load that is placed upon us. As children, we enjoyed a carefree, happy life; we always knew that our parents would take care of us and never had to worry about anything of great importance. Now, as we become teenagers we begin to taste the cup our parents drink from! Life throws a lot of new things at us, and all of a sudden we are robbed of that carefree sweetness of childhood!

Many youth, during their teenage years become very discouraged, dejected, and insecure. If you take a look around at the children at church, school, or even your own younger siblings, you will notice that they seem very secure. They always know that when they are alarmed or endangered in any sense, they can run to their parent's protective wing; but as these innocent children grow up, they don't exactly seem to know where their security is. While they know their parents are there for them, it sometimes seems as though they're being pushed out of the nest; it's often that teenagers feel that they don't quite fit under their parents' wing anymore. The Bible is full of many scriptures for people like us who feel so insecure in this big, sometimes scary world.

God created each of us with a need for security. That's why we have parents! However, there comes a time for all created beings, both in the animal world and in human society, where the grown "child" is forced to leave his first family and create a family of his own. Of course, with people, its a much longer, complicated, and amazing process since we have the ability to reason, to feel, to experience, and to make decisions in a much larger degree than any other created thing. As children, we needed security from our parents, now that we're older, we need that security much less, and it was Christ's purpose that when we get to that stage in our lives that we would seek Him out for the security we need.

I'm not sure what it is for you, perhaps you're feeling insecure in your family circle; often during a teenager's life he and his parents encounter many frustrations and "clashes" as the teenager tries to find out who he really is. Sometimes these clashes can cause breaches in the family ties, causing the teenager to no longer feel the same security he once felt with his family. Maybe your friendships aren't solid and lasting, your friends disappoint you and you're left hurt and not knowing who you can really trust. Perhaps for the older youth, there are insecurities in your relationships. Broken hearts leads to wounded souls and insecurity as to who you can safely trust with your dreams, your plans, and your innermost feelings. Maybe for the young adults, you can't find a permanent job to support your new family. There may be insecurities in your finances or your residence. Perhaps some of you feel very apprehensive about the future and would like some solid plans. I don't know where you find your insecurities, maybe it's in many areas, or maybe just a few, but whatever it is for you, the answer is still the same!

While we all need security, we don't need the security of well-founded friendships, of perfect relationships, of a wonderful marriage, of adequate finances, of a permanent job, concrete plans, or of a knowledge of the future. While these things are all nice to have, and while it is the desire of Christ for all relationships to be restored to their original beauty and harmony, and while He wants the best for us in everything, He knows that in our corrupted world tainted with sin, one's circumstances will not always be most favourable to their finite minds. Because of this, He has devised a plan so that, even if we are feeling insecure in certain areas of our life, we can find the ultimate source of security folded in His loving, strong arms.

"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and fortress: my God; in Him will I trust." (Psalm 91:2)
"The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." (Proverbs 18:10)
"For Thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy." (Psalm 61:3)
"For He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, the Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." (Hebrews 13:5-6)
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. For I , the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'" (Isaiah 41:10, 13 NKJV)

It is very clear from these precious and beautiful promises who our source of security comes from. It doesn't matter what life throws at you, it doesn't matter how many times your friends or family disappoint you, it doesn't matter what your financial circumstances are, if your anchor is in Jesus! Friends and family will always disappoint us, threats will always arise, and if we try to place our security in someone or something we will always be left feeling lost, disappointed, hurt and insecure. Sure, while things are going smoothly we may feel very contented and happy in the warmth and love of a special individual, we may feel fine about our current bank-balance, and the future may look most favourable, but as soon as the storm hits there is no infallible anchor that will keep us from becoming dashed upon the rocks. Jesus is the only friend who will never forsake us, the only anchor that will hold no matter what the weather or circumstances, the only person who will never leave us disappointed or hurt, and the only one we can feel safe and secure in.

Jesus wants you to experience an abundant life! He is offering you a life of security and happiness no matter what your circumstances are. If we put our trust in man, in wealth, or even in our dreams and ambitions however sincere they may be, we put ourselves on shaky ground. Jesus knows what it's like to be a youth, he knows how much you crave security, and he is prepared to give you the safest, surest security possible. If you cast your cares, perplexities, and anxieties upon Him, and give yourself wholly and completely to Him, He WILL give you the desires of your heart!

Give your life to Him young people! What greater security is there but to know that your life is in the hands of the very one who created you and knows the very number of hairs on your head!

--Stephanie Fox

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLEASE NOTE: All Bible verses are taken from the King James Version, unless stated otherwise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/lysa92

Issue #99 Thu, 12 Oct 2006
Page 1 of 1