Christian Pen Friends Connection

A place for the Christian Youth

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

#90 Mon, 31 Jul 2006

Go down 
AuthorMessage
seeker of truth
Admin

Female Number of posts : 2309
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: #90 Mon, 31 Jul 2006   March 12th 2007, 00:04

THE PEARL OF GREAT PRICE
Part 2

Dear Youth,

Last week we looked into the parable of the pearl of great price (See Devotional #89 "Possessing the Pearl"). This week I'd like us to look at another aspect to this parable as explained in the book Christ's Object Lessons, page 118. "The parable of the merchantman seeking goodly pearls has a double significance: it applies not only to men as seeking the kingdom of heaven, but to Christ as seeking His lost inheritance."

As worthless, degraded, and ruined as mankind had become, Christ saw the possibilities of what man might become through redeeming love. He looked down and saw in the human race the pearl of great price. What a compassionate and loving Redeemer we serve!

The fall of man filled all heaven with unutterable grief. Yet, looking down on His precious gems, God's divine love conceived a plan to reclaim them as His own again. "And I will put enmity between thee and the women, and between thy seed and her seed; It shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise His heel." (Genesis 3:15) This plan involved all heaven and it's infinite sacrifice.

"He [Jesus] was to stand between the sinner and the penalty of sin; yet few would receive Him as the Son of God. He would leave His highest position as the Majesty of heaven, appear upon earth and humble Himself as a man, and by His own experience become acquainted with the sorrows and temptations which man would have to endure. . . .When His mission as a teacher should be ended, He must be delivered into the hands of wicked men and be subjected to every insult and torture that Satan could inspire them to inflict. He must die the cruellest of deaths, lifted up between the heavens and the earth as a guilty sinner. He must pass long hours of agony so terrible that angels could not look upon it, but would veil their faces from the sight." (Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 64) Jesus did all this, young people, for you and I!

Without Christ, "I am nothing." (1 Corinthians 13:2) "Woe is me! for I am undone." (Isaiah 6:5) Yet, Christ saw our potential and was prepared to suffer inexpressible hardship, torture and even death to give us a future and a hope! But not only did He take the punishment of sin for us, but came also "to save His people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21) "The plan of redemption contemplates our complete recovery from the power of Satan. Christ always separates the contrite soul from sin. He came to destroy the works of the devil. And He has made provision that the Holy Spirit shall be imparted to every repentant soul to keep him from sinning." (Reflecting Christ, p. 293)

By allowing Christ to dwell within us, we can become the "new creatures" Paul describes in his letter to the Corinthians: "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17) "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9) This is the complete recovery from the power of sin. When Christ abides in us, His life is lived out in us, and we exemplify His character. "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20) "Your life is hid with Christ in God." (Colossians 3:3)

Young people, God loves you so much that He gave Himself up to be sacrificed and to be raised up on that old rugged cross for you! "He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter. . . .He was wounded for our transgressions. . . .And with His stripes we are healed." (Isaiah 53:7,5) To you, He says "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love." (Jeremiah 31:3 NKJV) His love for you is boundless; it knows no end! He saw in YOU the pearl of great price, and He laid down all the glories and riches of heaven to redeem YOU--His lost treasure. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Jesus is desperate for us to be saved. He is "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9) He is waiting at our heart's door, wanting to come inside. Will you invite Him into your life today? Will you be there to meet the Lord when He returns to take His ransomed home? "They shall be Mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up My jewels." (Malachi 3:17) When He sees your face in the kingdom and says to you the words "Well done, good and faithful servant," "He shall see the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied." (Matthew 25:23, Isaiah 53:11)

--Stephanie Fox

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLEASE NOTE: All Bible verses are taken from the King James Version, unless stated otherwise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/lysa92

#90 Mon, 31 Jul 2006
Page 1 of 1