Christian Pen Friends Connection

A place for the Christian Youth

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Issue #84 Mon, 22 May 2006

Go down 
AuthorMessage
seeker of truth
Admin

Female Number of posts : 2309
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Issue #84 Mon, 22 May 2006   March 11th 2007, 23:52

The Word of Our God Will Stand Forever!
(Inspiration, part 1)

Dear Youth,

We are living during the most amazing times this world has ever seen. All through the ages, Satan has tried numerous methods to derail God's people. Over this time, he has faced certain difficulties with his methods. One such difficulty was the Christian's implicit trust in the Word of God. So long as the Christians were feeding on God's Word, they were not becoming derailed. So he has devised a plan to destroy this implicit trust in God's revealed Word. This plan is now being carried out in earnest by the devil and his agents.

To begin with, let's take a look at what happened in the very beginning; Genesis 3:1. It says here: "Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, "Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eat the fruit of the trees of the garden.'" (NKJV) Here Satan is sowing seeds of doubt in Eve's mind. He is cleverly trying to deceive her into placing her own reasoning above the clear revelation of God.

God had revealed to them that if they ate of the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil they would die. During that critical moment that was to change the destiny of the human race, Satan caused Eve to distrust what God had revealed to her. Today, he is using the same method to deceive millions of Christians.

Sadly, Satan's cunning method is working to deceive the Christian world today. Men, even in our churches, no longer teach that the Bible is infallible, or that it is one hundred percent reliable. The Bible writers made mistakes they say. Are there any mistakes in the Bible, young people?

As I was thinking about this question, I was led to a verse in the Bible which says: "Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth." (John 17:17) I want you to notice that it doesn't say "Some of Thy word is truth" or even "Most of Thy word is truth" it says "Thy word is truth". Truth cannot have errors in it or it could no longer be classified as truth. To say that the Bible does have a few mistakes in it, means to contradict what Jesus Himself said.

In a letter to Timothy, Paul says: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:16) Notice again youth that ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God. All, means ALL, not some, not most, but ALL!

"I would have both my arms taken off at my shoulders before I would ever make the statement or set my judgement upon the Word of God as to what is inspired and what is not inspired. How would finite man know anything about that matter? He is to take the Word of God as it reads, and then to appreciate it as it is, and to bring it into the life and to weave it into the character." (Ellen G. White, Manuscript 13, 1888)

Ellen White herself did not deny that there were some things in the Bible that were difficult to understand, but to measure God's revelation by our finite rule is to act as an agent of Satan in planting distrust in the Bible or inspiration. We are told that "It takes all of eternity to unfold the glories and bring out the precious treasures of the Word of God." (Ibid.) There are many things in the Bible which we may not yet understand, but, young people, that doesn't make the Bible any less inspired.

God did not dictate word for word what was to be written down in the Bible. "Holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (2 Peter 1:21) We are told in inspiration that "The Bible points to God as its author; yet it was written by human hands; and in the varied style of its different books it presents the characteristics of the several writers. The truths revealed are all "given by inspiration of God"; yet they are expressed in the words of men. . . .The Bible, with its God-given truths expressed in the language of men, presents a union of the divine and the human." (The Great Controversy, p. v-vi)

I want to pause for a moment and briefly touch on this two-fold union of divinity mixed with humanity. Some people suggest that the Bible is a mixture of the human and the divine, they say it in such a way that it leaves you with the impression that it is like it's fifty-percent divine and fifty-percent human, therefore, they say, we must take into consideration the imperfections of man, and excuse the "mistakes" man has made in the Bible. Actually, the Bible is one-hundred percent divine and one-hundred percent human. The Bible is like "the Word made flesh". He was one-hundred percent divine because He was God, He was also one-hundred percent human because He was also a man.

"As several writers present a subject under varied aspects and relations, there may appear, to the superficial, careless, or predujudiced reader, to be discrepancy or contradiction, where the thoughtful, reverent student, with clearer insight, discerns the underlying harmony." (The Great Controversy, p. vi) Youth, don't EVER place yourself above or as God Himself. Don't measure, by your limited and finite understanding, the mysteries and ways of God as He reveals Himself through His Word. There are no contradictions in the Bible for God never contradicts Himself and it is He that inspired the WHOLE Bible.

From what I have observed, I have noticed how men use science to measure inspiration. For instance, many scientists today believe in something we call evolution. Science cannot prove evolution because true science is man's accurate observations of the physical world. Nobody has ever observed the process of evolution. However, God Himself did observe something we call creation. Since He is an eyewitness to this, and since He is the One who actually created everything, don't you think we are much safer trusting in what He has revealed to us in His word.

"The Word of God and true science never contradict each other. This statement may sound untrue until you look at it closely. True science is man's accurate observations of the physical world. The Bible is the errorless message from the God who created that world. If man's observations are accurate, they do not contradict what God revealed in the Bible." (Life Science for Christian Schools, William S. Pinkston, Jr. & David R. Anderson, p. 22)

Men make mistakes in their observations, and what they may call science may not necessarily be true. We cannot measure the Bible by man's observations and discoveries because man is not infallible, the Word of God is! If God described something about our physical world and man observes something different, who would you trust? I think I'd rather trust the Creator of the world, since I'm sure He knows more about what He created than what man can observe.

"He [God] has not, while presenting the perils clustering about the last days, qualified any finite man to unravel hidden mysteries or inspired one man or any class of men to pronounce judgment as to that which is inspired or is not. When men, in their finite judgement, find it necessary to go into an examination of scriptures to define that which is inspired and that which is not, they have stepped before Jesus to show Him a better way than He has led us." (Selected Messages, bk 1, p. 17)

The Bible also gives us counsel in this area. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. . . .Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil." (Proverbs 3:5, 7) If there is a certain area that you can't fully understand, choose to trust in God rather than rely upon your own understanding or reasoning, or the wisdom you see in your own eyes. If God says it, IT IS SO!

Are you asking yourself the question, "Why is it important whether or not their are small, insignificant mistakes in the Bible anyway? I'm sure there's enough in there to ensure my salvation, so why does this matter?" Well, I've asked myself the same question. Here's why I believe it is so important.

Firstly, if there ARE mistakes, who's to say that the "salvational issues" are flawless and accurate? If I take the position that there are some mistakes, I cannot be sure what are and what are not mistakes. Besides, why would a fair God ask us to place our own judgement upon His Word to determine what is true and what is not, when our salvation depends upon our accurate understanding of the scriptures?

The second reason is closely associated with first reason. In 2 Timothy 3:16, we read that the Bible is profitable for many different things, one of which included doctrine. If I don't believe the Bible is fully inspired, and one-hundred percent accurate, I no longer have a sure foundation or a bench-mark to base my doctrine and faith in. By sowing seeds of distrust in the accuracy of the Bible, Satan is destroying our sure foundation, and our sure guide. And once the foundation is gone, our whole experience crumbles. I believe that this is part of the reason why so many young people are leaving our churches. Their foundations have been destroyed and so there is nothing left to keep them in.

And thirdly, we are told: "For the great day of His wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" (Revelation 6:17) Some time, and I believe that time is very soon, we are going to face a law being passed and Sunday worship will be enforced. How are we going to be able to stand when that time comes, when we don't even believe in the Word of God? We are told: "None but those who have fortified the mind with the truths of the Bible will stand through the last great conflict." (The Great Controversy, p. 593)

Young people, the Bible is your only sure foundation, and your only trustworthy source of wisdom. If you allow the devil and his agents to destroy your bench-mark and your guide, you will not be able to stand. You may encounter difficulties within the Bible, there may be some concepts that are difficult to grasp, but that gives us no right to place our own judgements as to whether or not it is inspired or truth. If you will fortify your mind within the truths of the Bible, you WILL be able to stand! Young people, let it be our purpose to restore implicit trust in the Word of God!

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the Word of our God stands forever." (Isaiah 40:8 NKJV)

--Stephanie Fox

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLEASE NOTE: All Bible verses are taken from the King James Version, unless stated otherwise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/lysa92

Issue #84 Mon, 22 May 2006
Page 1 of 1