Christian Pen Friends Connection

A place for the Christian Youth

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Issue #69 Tue, 24 Jan 2006

Go down 
AuthorMessage
seeker of truth
Admin

Female Number of posts : 2309
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Issue #69 Tue, 24 Jan 2006   March 11th 2007, 23:01

FEAR GOD AND GIVE HIM GLORY

Dear Youth,

As Seventh-day Adventists, we have a message to take to the whole world. Jesus said in Matthew 24:14: "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all the nations; and then the end come." Which gospel will be preached to the whole world just before Jesus comes? "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." (Revelation 14:6) The three angels messages of Revelation 14 is the everlasting gospel that goes to the whole world just before the end of time. These three messages are God's last warning message sent to a dying and sleeping world, and young people we are His chosen people to proclaim this gospel to the world!

However, before we can take this message to the world, we need to understand its significance in our own lives FIRST, and then the gospel will have POWER, when others can see us living it out in our own life. So, today I would like us to look a little at the first part of the first angels message, (we will work our way through the whole message eventually). These messages encapsulate so much that it is virtually impossible to share them in one small page, but I will do my best!

"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, 'Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come.' " (Revelation 14:6-7)

"Fear God." What does it really mean to fear God? Here's a dictionary definition of the word "Fear": "Extreme reverence or awe, as towards a supreme power." (Readers Digest Dictionary) I think that a lot of the time we seem to forget who God really is! I have heard so many young people say these kinds of prayers that are just plain disrespectful. It may seem "the norm" and I'm sure a lot of these young people don't see it as disrespectful because they have heard so many others pray that way, but their prayers are said in a way that brings God down, using our kind of slang and common language. When we pray we need to remember who we are really praying to! The God of the whole UNIVERSE. Maybe if we stopped to think of who God really is, our prayers would be filled with much more awe and respect.

If we really respected and reverenced God I'm sure we would be much more careful with the way we lived and acted. As Christ's representatives here on earth, our lives should reverence and uphold the law and character of God. I'm sure we would also be much more careful to watch the words that come out of our mouths!

How would we act in church? "Ye shall keep My Sabbaths, and reverence My sanctuary: I am the Lord." (Leviticus 19:30) Do we really reverence God's sanctuary? "To the humble, believing soul, the house of God on earth is the gate of heaven. The song of praise, the prayer, the words spoken by Christ's representatives, are God's appointed agencies to prepare a people for the church above, for that loftier worship into which there can enter nothing that defileth. . . .When the worshipers enter the place of meeting, they should do so with decorum, passing quietly to their seats. . . .Common talking, whispering, and laughing should not be permitted in the house of worship, either before or after the service. Ardent, active piety should characterize the worshipers." (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 5, p. 491, 492)

Young people, how do we give God glory? Ultimately we give God glory by the way we live our lives. But, I'll give you just a few Bible texts and quotes that give us a few ideas of how we can learn to give glory to Him. The first one is found in Matthew 5:16: "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." By letting our lights shine, we give glory to our God.

A very broad but beautiful way we can give God glory is found in the story of the Vine and branches. "He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing. . . Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples." (John 15:5, 8 )

"Our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit, and if we fail to do all we can to place the body in the very best condition of health, we are robbing God of the honor due to Him from the beings He has created." (Medical Ministry, p. 294) Paul says: "Glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." (1 Corinthians 6:20) "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." (1 Corinthians 10:31) We need to remember that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and we should take the best care of our bodies. We should eat only those foods that will strengthen and build the body, and only drink what is pure and good. I think that we all also need to learn to be more conscientious in obeying the eight laws of health* (of which food and nutrition is only 1!)

If we go back to Revelation 14, we are told WHY we must fear God and give Him glory. It says, "For the hour of His judgment is come." (Revelation 14:7) Before the Advent movement, the investigative judgment had not yet began, but from Bible prophecy we know that the investigative judgment began in 1844 (which was the close of the 2300 day prophecy). God's last warning message says the judgment IS come, it is already here friends, but how many of us have considered the seriousness of it yet? We all say that we want Jesus to come, but have you ever realized that He must come to your record in heaven FIRST?

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." (Ecclesiastes 12:14) We are judged according to our works, and if we want the reward and blessing of the saved, we must fear God and give Him glory. We need to keep ALL of His commandments, for we are told that this is our duty. Our life should be as the Vine and branch, in constant connection and communion with Christ our Savior.

If we will but surrender our will to that of our Lord's, we would find that our lives would naturally bring glory to His name. We would love, honor and respect the One who died for our sins, the One who IS the God of the universe.

Young people, if you want Jesus to use you as His instrument to proclaim His message of love and warning to the world, you must first experience His power in your own life. Your life must bring glory and honor to Him, and in this way others will be won to Jesus. If the world can see Jesus in you, they will become more and more willing to accept what you have to say. The people out there are inwardly searching and craving for something more, something fulfilling, and if we could just show them, by the way we live, that Christ can fulfill all of their desires, they would reach out and grasp hold of His redeeming power.

The world will not listen to a hypocrite. If we want to share this everlasting gospel with others, we cannot live a life of contradiction. We need to drink freely of the Fountain of living Water that we may first be filled ourselves, and then we can share this with others.

--Stephanie Fox
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/lysa92

Issue #69 Tue, 24 Jan 2006
Page 1 of 1