Christian Pen Friends Connection

A place for the Christian Youth

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Issue #65 Tue, 27 Dec 2005

Go down 
AuthorMessage
seeker of truth
Admin

Female Number of posts : 2309
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Issue #65 Tue, 27 Dec 2005   March 11th 2007, 22:51

Pray Without Ceasing

The Power of Prayer
Part 2

Dear Youth,

A few weeks ago we talked about the reasons our prayers aren't always answered the way we want them to be, and some other aspects of prayer. Today I am going to share with you how prayer brings us closer to Jesus and how it will change your life.

In 1 Thessalonians 5:17 it says to "pray without ceasing". Some people interpret this as meaning that we have to be on our knees praying all day, but this is not the true meaning. Steps to Christ p. 97-99 gives us the true definition of unceasing prayer: "Unceasing prayer is the unbroken union of the soul with God, so that life from God flows into our life; and from our life, purity and holiness flow back to God". So unceasing prayer is being always connected to Jesus throughout the day, constantly in communion with Him. Isn't that a beautiful thought? If only we would have that constant connection with Christ how on fire our church would be!

"Evening, and morning and at noon, will I pray" (Psalm 55:17). We should come to God often throughout the day with all our trials, temptations troubles, burdens and joys. Jesus hears everything we say: "Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28 ). Jesus wants to help us, and He will always be with us.

I would like to ask you a question. How do you make a friend? You would probably say; by spending time with a person, talking to them and doing things together. That is right, we become friends with someone by spending time with them, talking to them, sharing our joys and our sorrows. And you know, that is exactly the way you make Jesus your friend, He wants to be your friend He is knocking at your door wanting to come in. All you have to do is to let Him in to your heart and spend time with Him share everything with Him and Jesus will become your very best friend. Jesus is the very best friend you could ever have, He will stick by your side through everything and He has promised to never leave us. "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrews 13:5).

Walking with Jesus is something that is very sweet; it brings a perfect peace that can only come from Christ. The Bible says that Enoch walked with God, and one day God decided that Enoch should come home to heaven and Enoch went to heaven to be with the Lord forever. Isn't that amazing? I don't think that we understand fully the true meaning of walking with Jesus. It is that constant unceasing prayer, and the abiding in Christ all day every day. It is when we know God so well that all we want to do is to do God's will.

This close relationship with Christ can come only through constant prayer. John 15:4-7 has something to say about this abiding in Jesus. It says; "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself except it abide in the vine; no more can ye except ye abide in me. I am the vine ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for with out me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. I ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you". Jesus is the vine ad we are the branches, we can do nothing unless we are abiding in the vine, then we will bear much fruit.

We are promised that if we make the move to come closer to Jesus and to draw near to Him, He will also come near to us. This promise is found in James 4:8: "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you". How do we draw near to Christ? Ellen White says; "Draw nigh to Him by prayer, by contemplation, by reading His Word. When He draws nigh to you, He lifts up for you a standard against the enemy. Take courage; for the enemy cannot pass this standard" (Ellen G. White Manuscripts 92, 1901). We draw near to God by prayer. We cannot walk with God without prayer, it is absolutely crucial to this relationship, for this is the way we talk to Jesus.

Now as we are about to enter into a new year, let's make some resolutions to make prayer and Bible study a priority in our lives, so we can strengthen our relationship with Jesus and walk side be side with Him. And when we make this move to come closer to Christ, He has promised to draw near to us.

--Talisa Jackson
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/lysa92

Issue #65 Tue, 27 Dec 2005
Page 1 of 1